PADEL TENNIS - New for 2016!
Padel Tennis, new for 2016.
Eddie Irvine Sports have recently added brand new activities to the extensive list available at the Balloo Road, Bangor facility, one of which is PADEL TENNIS. Two new padel tennis courts are now available to book and are the first indoor padel tennis courts in Northern Ireland. Compared to tennis, the court is smaller and has no doubles lanes and the net is lower. Padel tennis is played with a soilid padel as opposed to a strung racquet and a depressurised tennis ball is used along with an underhand serve. It's quick and easy to learn and most importantly, it's great fun!
- £20 per hour per court (Adult Peak Time)
- £15 per hour per court (Adult off peak time)
- £12 per hour per court ( Under 16’s)
- £12 per hour per court (Senior Citizen)
- £12 per hour per court (Student rate)
- Points system is largely the same as tennis. 15,30,40. The Deuce and Advantage rules apply and from Deuce the team must win two consecutive points to win the game.
- The first team to win 6 games by a clear margin of 2 games will win the SET.
- Every point begins with a serve and there are also 2nd Serves if the ball fails to clear the net or if the ball fails to land in the receivers box. (Diagonal). If the ball hits the line it is good.
- If the serve hits the glass fence before the ground it is OUT.
- All serves must be below waist height and served under-arm.
- Each player will receive the serve alternatively.
- Each pair of players must hit the ball alternatively – or it will be a DOUBLE HIT.
- The ball should be returned before bouncing a 2nd time.
- Points will be lost if the ball bounces twice on the opponents side, if a player returns a ball before it goes over the net or if a player serves two consecutive faults.
- If the ball splits during the game or if the point is interrupted it may be repeated.